| || || |
|Silver Creek Campaign (Water Treatment Beta) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Silver Creek Campaign (Water Treatment Beta) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Silver Creek Campaign (Water Treatment Beta) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Silver Creek Campaign: Water Treatment (scc_treatment) BETA
by Adam Wright (Reish Vedaur)
Please don't start going prone in the creek just because I forgot to add in the anti-prone triggers.
It's not adaptive gameplay; it's exploitation.
I hope you all enjoy it, and you can contact me here:
MSN Messenger: firstname.lastname@example.org
AOL Instant Messenger: JintaoKr
Yahoo! Instant Messenger: JintaoKr
Supports deathmatch, team deathmatch, headquarters, and retrieval.
(Both final versions will include behind enemy lines, and search & destroy; Final UO version will also include capture the flag, and support for LMG positions)
Deathmatch: 9 spawns, but will easily support up to 16 players
Team Deathmatch & Headquarters: 11 spawns, but will easily support up to 24 players
Retrieval: 14 axis, 14 allies (28 total)
THE SINGLEPLAYER STORY (mind you, that's not what this beta is)
A water treatment facility has been occupied by German troops who are rebuilding a retired rail line to get supplies into the peacefully, but none the less recently occupied city of Autumn. The yard waste storage facility that neighbors it has proven to be perfect for placing the cleared brush and trees that have grown where the railway used to be.
As an ally, your men only care about clearing the small german outpost that this has become. A quick skirmish, and the area is clear; but then a truck filled with german troops working on the railway, who overheard the fighting, comes down the backroad and the six men in the back open fire. Another quick skirmish, the discovery of a few rail spikes, and it's down the path to take out the crew working on the rail line. Finding some dynamite after the battle, you decide it's best they not find something creative to do with it, so you blow up a nearby radio tower, then return to the creek and advance towards the city of Autumn.
Special notes about gameplay:
1. You cannot throw grenades through fences, but you can shoot through them.
2. Between the backroad and the treatment plant there are cosps of trees, but you can walk between them with heavy visual cover.
3. At the moment there are only two ways past the fence: through the front, or through a hole in the side marked by a large wooden plank facing the yard waste storage area. I am planning on a third in the final release, but I'm still considering it.
4. Don't even try to get into the final settling tanks or on top of the light from the roof of the treatment plant; they're playerclipped.
5. Reguardless of the amount of backdrop, this map is small and rather open. Be sure to use the visual cover to your advantage as often as possible.
6. Don't forget: crouching in the ditch doesn't protect you from enemy fire on the roof of the treatment plant, but going prone does.
7. The roof of the water treatment plant is accessed via a ladder at the back.
8. |]Spoiler[| .eciffo eht ni flehskoob eht no si thgink ehT
What still needs to be done:
1. Find someone who will model the destroyed version of the blue chlorine contact tanks (in front of the treatment plant) in order to finish Search & Destroy. IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE, TELL ME, PLEASE! I'M DESPERATE!
2. (Potentially) Add a third route past the fence -- probably a way to jump over it.
3. More spawnpoints.
4. More cover around the cabin.
5. Power lines.
6. Overhead map.
7. (HQ) You can destroy the radio in the small office in front of the water treatment building simply by walking behind the office and standing against the back wall; that radio needs to find a new location, but for now, just don't abuse that.
8. Just a little more work on the backdrop, including a couple buildings and (in UO) some farming equipment on the fields.
9. (UO) Support for LMG positions in the windows of the cabin and office, and on the stacks of blue pipes.
10. Anti-prone for CoD (forgot to add it in before I compiled -- DON'T ABUSE IT!)
Special thanks (for this particular map) go to:
- Everyone who told me how nice it looked.
- Sparks for the chlorine contact tank model.
- Orante for always being willing to test it with me.
- Dameon for dealing with my mettling.
- rOger for his rotating and anti-prone scripts.
- My home town for not being suspicious of me taking pictures.
- Uberclan, as always, for hosting my site and my files.
Thanks for your interest and for reading all this =)
|Silver Creek Campaign (Water Treatment Beta) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Call of Duty Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 10 | Last comment: 10-29-2010 at 22:35
|Guest (Kitchener-HSE-ppp3578699.sympatico.ca) |
Joined: December 31st, 1969
|sry but i dont like it 0/10 |
|Guest (ip68-1-103-98.pn.at.cox.net) |
Joined: December 31st, 1969
|Hey what the ***** is this anyway? |
Joined: October 24th, 2004
|what is silver creek campaign? |
Joined: August 12th, 2004
|I better won't ask the same question, hehe |
Joined: October 24th, 2004
|Silver Creek...sounds naughty and dirrty and cranky,..... |
Joined: November 2nd, 2004
|This is a mod? |
Joined: August 7th, 2004
|7 comments and not one about the map? The guy who made this must really want to develope the map past the beta stage based on the feedback so far. |
As far as the map goes, its pretty good, but dont count on player sincerity to not exploit the fact you can prone in the river. Never ever believe that a not a single player in a whole community will not exploit/cheat/abuse/etc part of a map.
8/10 in hopes that an update will be realeased soon.
Joined: November 10th, 2004
|Everyone keeps calling it a beta of the mod. It's NOT a beta of the mod. It's a beta of a map from the mod. This is the smallest of the maps in it, and there's a lot of changes done. |
I appreciate constructive criticism. Not "This sucks" and "What, this is a mod?"
Joined: October 12th, 2010
|The Knight is on the bookshelf |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!